For tonight’s meeting you will need some paper, something to write with and a yoga move. If you have a printer, print out the attached bingo sheets. See you soon!
7:00-7:10: Check in – How you are feeling/experiences with online school/work.
7:10-7:20: Self-care Bingo
Area: being well
themes: being you, my physical self, and/or my mighty mind.
7:20-7:50: Drawing collages – They can get a scrap piece of paper and draw a collage or picture of examples of a good way to start of their day. Near the end we can share our drawings with the group.
Program Area = Be well
Theme = My physical self
Activity = Self care from the start
7:50-8:05: Letter to self/time capsule – We will write letters to our future selves to say how we are feeling in these strange times and say anything positive that is going on because of this. They can decorate the letters and set a date for them to open it in the future.
Program = Be well
Theme = My mighty mind
Activity = Mail me some positive
8:05-8:15: Yoga stretches to end the meeting and clear your mind/reflect – We will demonstrate yoga poses and everyone can follow along.
4. Activity: Friendly Neighbourhood Feminism. Brainstorm what women’s issues you care about. Get into small groups and research on the internet which organizations are working on the issue you care about. How could we get involved? Report back by making a powerpoint slide.
5. Present what you learned
6. Wrap up video from International Day of the Girl
7. Bonus video about Dr. Bonnie Henry
Here’s what you’ll need for tonight’s meeting:
Some scrap paper and a pen for taking notes on your ideas.
Let’s send some kind and encouraging words out into the people in our world. Why not surprise someone in your community with a positive, empowering message… on a rock! or a window sign! or get out your sidewalk chalk and send a message to your neighbourhood!
Hearing positive messages can boost your self-acceptance and confidence, so spreading them around is a great way to lift up the people you care about. The Kindness Rocks Project was started to surprise people with random acts of kindness.
Homework this week: Inspire and share positive messages with others through decorating your own rock, sign, window sign, sidewalk, post-it note…whatever! Leave it in a visible place and take a photo to share with the group. Email your photos to the leaders by April 14.
Tonight is all about exploring identities – YOUR IDENTITY! You’ll reflect on who you are and how who you are can change depending on your age or situation. We’ll do a few group activities over zoom and we’ll also talk about ways we can share encouraging messages to our friends and neighbours in these difficult times.
What you’ll need tonight:
1. Some scrap paper
2. Markers, crayons, or pencil crayons
Activities we’ll do tonight:
1. Check In
2. “Sides of me” activity from Girls First Platform
3. “Past, Present, Future Self” activity from Girls First Platform
4. “Kindness Rocks” activity from Girls First Platform
To get inspired to share kindness with your neighbourhood, take a look at this article:
5. 3rd Years will stay on the call and we’ll walk you through how to use Girls First Platform to design your Girl-Led Meeting.
Here is how you can join the Zoom meeting at 7 pm: