Bring your creative energy this week! We’ve got some fun on the go, including:
- November 29 – making a tasty treat and fun creative activity to take home
- December 6 – holiday service project with the 124th Brownies
- December 13 – holiday special event and last meeting in 2017 (bring your ideas!)
If you haven’t brought it yet, please bring back your cookie money on November 29!
Murtle Lake 2018 July 14-21, 2018
Murtle Lake is world-famous as the largest canoe-only lake in North America. Come explore this beautiful lake set in a pristine mountain valley with us on a week-long canoe trip, where you get to develop your paddling technique, learn wilderness camping skills, and enjoy the tranquility of the lake.
If you were born in 2003-2005, you could join your sisters in Guiding to on this fabulous canoe trip. Check out the attached information sheet on how to apply for this exciting experience to develop new friendships and make memories that will last a life time.
All completed application forms are to be returned to the following address by January 10, 2018.
Girl Guides of Canada – BC Council
ATTN – Pathfinder Paddles: Murtle Lake Trip 2018
1476 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H 1E1
This is also reminder that the BC Camping Committee will be hosting an informational webinar November 30th at 8:00pm about the Pathfinder Paddles Murtle Lake trip. Information will be presented on the trip itself, how to apply and any questions that the girls may have. To join the session, please CLICK HERE.
If you need any additional information about this event, please contact Erin DeBruin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
On November 15, we’ll be doing the BC Shakeout Earthquake Preparedness Challenge with the 124th Brownies upstairs! Come in uniform, be prepared to help lead some activities, and have fun with the younger girls.
Also, if you or a Pathfinder-aged friend would like to attend camp at Camp Olave, tonight is the final deadline to return forms and payment. Please contact Karla if you would like to discuss bringing a friend – the more the merrier, but we want to make sure they know what to expect!
The Kit List for Camp Olave is available for download now: Pathfinders Kit List Camp Olave Nov 24-26 2017
We’re heading to the Old Spaghetti Factory for our Enrolment Ceremony outing! Here are some important things to bring/remember:
- Meet at 29th Ave Skytrain Station at 6:30 pm sharp
- Bring you compass card or bus fare!
- Bring $10 for dinner, or talk to a leader about using your cookie cash for dinner
- Uniforms are mandatory for this important special event
- Pick-up is from the Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown (53 Water Street) at 8:30 pm
- Cookie money is due, as are camp forms if you’d like to attend fall camp at Camp Olave Nov 24 – 26. Talk to a leader if you’d like to use your cookie cash for camp.
The group will be leaving 29th Ave promptly, so if you miss the group, you can still meet us at the restaurant at 7:00 pm. Please call or text Karla at 604 720 7922 if you plan on meeting us there.